Italian Escapade (Summer 2019)
Italian Escapade (Summer 2019)
Revel in the riches of Rome and Florence, observe the beauty of the Italian Lakes and mingle with the fashionable crowd on sun-kissed Capri during this adventure.
- Florence: Enjoy a traditional Bistecca alla Fiorentina steak dinner paired with delicious local wine, a specialty not to be missed.
- Lake Maggiore: For your Dine-Around Evening, choose from a selection of hand-picked restaurants for your dining pleasure.
- Lake Iseo: Learn about this historic winery, passed down through the generations, and taste its latest vintages.
- Rome: Enjoy a Celebration Dinner of delicious Italian cuisine and wine, accompanied by the rich tremolo of some of Italy’s best loved songs.
- Dining Summary: 12 Breakfasts (B) and 7 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Vatican City: Gain VIP access to the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel. Be among the select few to admire the Bramante Staircase, a dizzying spiral of carved stone. Venture inside St. Peter’s Basilica to see Michelangelo’s Piet, and the splendid dome.
- Rome: Explore the backstreets of Rome and experience local life, alongside a passionate Roman who will explain how modern life takes place around ancient treasures like the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon and Piazza Navona, the Living Room of Rome.
- Florence: Visit the Accademia Museum with a local art historian to see Michelangelo’s masterpiece, David.
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing while watching artisans create delicate works of art.
Stay in Style
- Assisi: Hotel Giotto Assisi is located in the centre of the medieval village of Assisi with beautiful views over the Umbrian countryside. All guest rooms are decorated in local Umbrian style.
Top Rated Highlights
- Rome: See the mighty Colosseum and Roman Forum. You will also see other medieval buildings, including Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered throughout the city.
- Siena: See the Fountain of Joy, striped cathedral and vast Piazza del Campo.
- Florence: See the cathedral, Giotto’s bell tower, the Gates of Paradise on the baptistery and visit Piazza della Signoria and Piazza Santa Croce during your guided exploration.
- Pisa: During your orientation, your Travel Director will show you the baptistery bristling with marble spines, the colonnaded bell tower lurching behind the 11th century cathedral and of course, the famous Leaning Tower in the Square of Miracles.
- Italian Lake District: Experience the social ritual of la passeggiata.
- Verona: During your orientation, walk past the well preserved Roman Arena to Juliet’s balcony in the courtyard of a Renaissance villa.
- Venice: With your Travel Director cruise to St. Mark’s Square and see the Doge’s Palace, Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark’s Basilica.
- Venice: Delight your senses as you are serenaded through the canals by gondola, passing water-lapped doorways and Rococo palaces.
- Assisi: With you Local Expert, visit this hill-town with its stone-built structures. See Mount Subasio and the Church of St. Mary of the Angels.
- Assisi: With a Local Expert, find out why the Basilica of St. Francis is considered one of the crowning achievements of Europe.
- Sorrento: Perched upon the cliffs, lookout to see the mighty Mount Vesuvious across the Bay of Naples.
- Isle of Capri: Cruise to this famous isle through beautiful blue Mediterranean waters to meet your Local Expert.
- Isle of Capri: Wander through the narrow streets led by your Local Expert and see all the boutiques as you enjoy captivating sea views.
- Isle of Capri: In unique style, ascend by open-top taxi and return to the port by funicular.
- Pompeii: Walk with a Local Expert through the cobbled streets of this ill-fated town, frozen in time since the 1st century.
- Scenic Drives: Admire the beautiful passing scenery as you travel through the regions of Umbria, Chianti, Tuscany, past the Apennine Mountains, through the Italian Lake District and to Bay of Naples.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
Welcome to the Eternal City of Rome.
VIP Vatican and Rome with a Local.
Medieval Siena and on to Florence.
Florence, Birthplace of the Renaissance.
Pisa and Lake Maggiore in the Italian Lakes.
At Leisure in the Italian Lake District.
Venice with Wine and Verona along the way.
Venice and the Magic of La Serenissima.
Along the Autostrada del Sole to Sorrento.
Capri, the Isle of Dreams.
The ancient cities of Pompeii and Rome.